The award encourages a trainee dermatologist who has demonstrated scholarship and initiative in the study of nail disorders to further pursue a career related to nail disease. The award shall be presented at the annual meeting of the European Nail Society.
- Must currently be a trainee dermatologist
- Past publications and/or meeting presentations which demonstrate support of the mission of the European Nail Society.
Personal Statement by Ralph and Melissa Daniel:
We have greatly benefited from the medical field, especially in dermatology and nail disorders. When we began writing about nails and nail research in the 1970's, there were only a handful of us that concentrated on nail disorders. We were able to partner early on with Richard Scher who kindly helped foster our burgeoning interest. We also appreciated the work of Robert Baran and Nardo Zaias. Now we hope, in some modest fashion, to assist the next generation of onychologists.
- One award will be granted each year.
- The award includes a 1000 euros prize.
- The award includes the EADV subspecialty one day registration fee or financial equivalent
- Department chairs and/or members of the European Nail Society may recommend candidates for the award.
- Prior to the European Nail Society annual meeting, the award committee will review the candidates and select the award recipient. The announcement of the award winner will be made two months prior to the ENS annual meeting.
- The winner will be invited to attend the subsequent year’s ENS annual meeting and to give a presentation as part of the program.
Please submit a letter of recommendation for the candidate by 30 of May 2021 to: The secretary of ENS, email@example.com
2018 - Dr Zeynep Müzeyyen Altan Ferhatoglu (Turkey)
Morphology, growth rate, and thickness of the nail plate during pregnancy